Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. A review of scientific studies identified favorable outcomes of meditation which include: relaxation, concentration, an elevated state of awareness, self-observing attitudes, perceptual sensitivity, good memory, self-control, empathy, and good self-esteem. Meditation has been linked to a host of biochemical and physical changes in the body that alter metabolism, heart rate, respiration, elevated blood pressure, and brain activity. Studies also show that meditation can improve academic and work performance.
Unlocking the door of ancient wisdom for modern times
Meditation has now entered the health care domain because of evidence suggesting a positive correlation between the practice of meditation and emotional and physical health. Examples of such benefits include a reduction in stress, anxiety, depression, headaches, pain, and bold pressure.
Happy living-- We gain immediate happiness by the mere act of letting go from worries and burdens of life. It is akin to unloading a heavy load that one has carried on a long journey. The body feels lighter and the mind is relieved. By training the mind to be free of worries, we find happiness in everything we do and everywhere we go. We sleep with happiness, wake with happiness, and go about our daily duties with happiness. This aspect alone is enough of a reason for someone to meditate. Happiness derived from a mind that is peaceful is durable and lasting. It is a true kind of happiness. Nothing can adversely affect a person whose mind is peaceful even when facing difficult living conditions. The more we meditate, the higher the degree of happiness we gain. This is the kind of happiness that no one can take away from us.
Meditation is the basis
of all real knowledge
There are several different techniques of Meditation. Dhammakaya Meditation is the simplest form of meditation and is one of the most ancient techniques of meditation in the world. Its simplicity, originality, and effectiveness have made the method among the most popular meditation techniques in Thailand, and its international popularity is growing fast. In brief, what we do when we meditate is to comfortably gather our mind inside of our body, at the center, which is in the middle of our abdomen or stomach, and keep it there for longer periods of time.
Although Dhammakaya Meditation was developed as a technique by the Lord Buddha, its practice is not limited to Buddhists. People from many religious backgrounds have experienced the benefits of Dhammakaya Meditation and have found no conflict with their profession of faith. It is about self-discovery, relaxation, and purification of the mind. As such, the practice of this technique is not in conflict with any religion or creed and is open to anyone to try for.
Stilling the mind is an art, and it is the key to mastering Dhammakaya Meditation. There are many other ways to still the mind, which suit different individuals for different reasons. If you would like to explore more in detail about this technique, we’d suggest that you come to learn the meditation and receive personalized guidance that best fits your unique character from experienced teaching monks and staff at our meditation center.
Super knowledge and insight-- It is said that less than 10% of the human brain is utilized, while the other 90% is left unused. Although the human brain is far better developed than other species in the animal kingdom, some of our faculties are underdeveloped and imperfect. Our minds are clouded by mental impurities like dirt clouds water. Meditation can help purify the mind, perfect our faculties, and bring us transcendental knowledge that has been concealed from us. When we reach a higher point of meditative attainment and our faculties are perfected, we will reach a higher form of insight.